• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indiglow guages!

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
I finally installed my reverse indiglow guages and figured i'd show them to the board! I have seen write-ups on just the white faces and changing to color bulbs but this is way superior of a look by far!! They now make atleast 4 different kinds for the XJ and these are the 2 color reverse guage.
Instalation was easier then expected cause they slip over the needles and then utilize the srcews already there to hold em in place. All u need to do is cut the metal rigde out for the wires so they sit flat. Run your ground wire and connect your power wire to your parking lights. Next you have to drill out the hole for the triptometer reset on the chrome bezel. Then remove the bulbs exept for the brights indicator and turn signals and your done. They glow green or blue and come with an inverter which switches the color and has a dimmer on it as well. Its easy but just be easy with the needles cause i did break the needle for my oil pressure!!
The only bad thing is that its hard to see the needles at night. However they make a "hyper red" needle kit for the XJ as well. You can get them in the web page that u see under my hood....http://photobucket.com/albums/y26/big-g/indiglow guages/.

I have the reverse glow gauges, and I absoultely love them. Out of curiosity where did you mount the dimmer switch. I never did find a good place for that, so I just tucked in behind some wiring. Also if you do decide to do the needle kit, I would be extremely interested. I have been looking for something like that for a long time, so I can see my needles at night. Later.

sexy

ebay

Dood, those are the shizzle. I should get some to match my watch.
You should show these pics to the guys on JU. The folks on here could never appreciate the originality or the fine attention to detail.

I've got the oldschool original glow gauges in my XJ. I definitely like the new reverse-glow overlays better though.

For the needles, I just colored mine red with a permanent magic marker.

http://jeepin.com/features/glow

glow13.jpg

Back