• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Swap Drive Shaft Info

xjcat

NAXJA Forum User
I'm starting my 8.8 swap soon and was wondering what you all done for your drive shafts

I got the NP231 (2001 Model) and and the 8.8
any info on what you did for your drive shaft would be great

i was going to get the Explorer shaft and cut the end that go's to the rear end and weld it to the stock shaft

91 XJ 6.5" lift 33"x12.5/15 4.0HO

Fred H

I had a woods CV drive shaft on my D35. When I swapped out to my 8.8 I used the same DS with the pinion yoke adapter for the 8.8. Have had no problems

Installed the RE hack n tap on the 231, and a spicer CV shaft made. Pretty stout set up, no complaints yet.

When I put the 8.8 under my 91 with the stock shaft I just went to Ford and picked up the addapter. I put it on with a new U-joint on the old shaft and bolted it up to the axle. The lift on the Jeep made up for the extra length the addapter added to the shaft. I paid about $40 for the addapter new. If you have the time you could find one in the junk yard. I don't remember the part number but I think a guy at M.O.R.E. told me when I ordered up spring purches and shock mounts.

My understanding is that some 8.8 flange adapters ran 1310's and other's 1330's...

You might be able to find a 1310 flange if ya look around or make a few calls...

I run a full size Bronco CV shaft with my HD SYE with 1330's, but I'm thinking of running a 1350 pinion yoke on my 8.8 and using a 1330/1350 combo joint...

Lodi Jim said:
No need to change anything,
just use adapter from MORE,
as stated earlier
hth

of course MORE's special yoke is $40...

find a 1310 adaptor flange at a junkyard and pay $10...

Try NAPA...

Probably less than $40 as well...

Do your homework before you plunk the cash down

I too have been looking for the 1310 flange for my upcoming 8.8 swap. Here is waht I have learned to date. Napa can get the part, but they are on back order. Randy's says the same thing. So unless you can find one in the junk yard, you are pretty much stuck going with MORE. At least that is what I am going to do today.

BTW the spicer part numbers are:
1310 u-joint is 2-2-1379 or
1330 u-joint is 2-2-1369

Patrick

Back