• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head Bolt Set

redyouch

NAXJA Forum User
Where can i get a head bolt set for my 95 4.0L. Dealer wants like $4.60 each. There are 14. Is there a mopar part number for the set? how much are ARPs? i searched. didnt find anything, other than a Mopar performance head gasket. also, manifold bolts?
thanks
-chris

You can get an ARP stud set from Hesco. www.hescosc.com Good knowledgable folks too. Be sure to use teflon sealant paste on the studs so you dont get a coolant leak past the threads.

wow, I think you have your #'s wrong. yes the head take 14 bolts but 7 of them are normal (under 5$ each) and the other 7 that go on the manifold side are "bolt studs" and there closer to $20 each

Check the Mopar Performance Catalog. They used to offer a head bolt set for the Jeep 6-cylinder engine. For some reason, the Performance catalog parts are usually priced lower than over-the-counter service parts, and are equal or better quality.

i was quoted $4.60 for the studs, $2.80 for the bolts. does anyone know the mopar performance head bolt set part number?
thanks

redyouch said:
Where can i get a head bolt set for my 95 4.0L. Dealer wants like $4.60 each. There are 14. Is there a mopar part number for the set? how much are ARPs? i searched. didnt find anything, other than a Mopar performance head gasket. also, manifold bolts?
thanks
-chris

Mopar Performance head bolt set for Jeep 4.0 carries part no. 4529204. Head gasket is 4529242.
ARP don't have a head bolt set for the 4.0.

The stud kit I got from hesco was shipped loose...but the studs were stamped as ARP....must be a special production set, or it just happens that another kit uses the same lenght and diameter studs.

Dr. Dyno said:
Mopar Performance head bolt set for Jeep 4.0 carries part no. 4529204. Head gasket is 4529242.
ARP don't have a head bolt set for the 4.0.
Both those part numbers should start with a P. Some parts guys will know to insert that (mine would), but most dealereship guys won't know, and they'll just tell you that the number is invalid.

All Mopar Performance Catalog numbers start with a P

Eagle said:
Both those part numbers should start with a P. Some parts guys will know to insert that (mine would), but most dealereship guys won't know, and they'll just tell you that the number is invalid.

All Mopar Performance Catalog numbers start with a P

the head bolts are discontinued. do you know of a different part number anybody??
thanks

redyouch said:
the head bolts are discontinued. do you know of a different part number anybody??
thanks
If the performance parts number is discontinued, I would follow the other advice -- call Mike at Accurate Power.

Back