• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy Crane Dif. Cover?

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of buying the Crane Dana 30 dif. cover. The other option is to have the factory one armored.

Any opinions on which is better?

If I do decide to spend the $ on the Crane model, where is a good place to find a deal on one. They seem real expensive.

Thanks,

Jeff-97XJ

They seem really expensive because they ARE really expensive.

Save your money, buy a welder and invest in $4 worth of steel to make your own.

CRASH

CRASH said:
They seem really expensive because they ARE really expensive.

Save your money, buy a welder and invest in $4 worth of steel to make your own.

CRASH

Where's the bling in that?

As per the site... Crane cover for 14 bolt: $193! You save: $21!

That is twice as much as I paid for the complete axle. I can buy two 14 bolts for the price of that cover. Hmmm...

ArcticXJ said:
As per the site... Crane cover for 14 bolt: $193! You save: $21!

That is twice as much as I paid for the complete axle. I can buy two 14 bolts for the price of that cover. Hmmm...

Must be an AK thing. 14 bolts are at least $110 here. :D

Yeah, but a hp, kingpin ford d60 shows up only once every 6 months or so for sale. I had to drop a niiiiice chunk on mine. Still hurting from that one.

I got my cousin's and my cover from 4x4rockshop.com

There are cheaper guards. But, these covers are Sweet. I painted mine Hammorite Silver. My cousin pinstriped the lettering with a neon Green. Looked sweet.

Bling factor? Go chrome.

I got my HP60 cover from Blue Torch Fab, I know they make 44 covers, don't know about d30's. It's 1/4", I got it mainly to mount my hydro-assist ram off of. Nice product not as $$$$ as the Crane....Greg

Make sure to tighten the bolts when you install it. Otherwise you'll get oil stains in the driveway!

hinkley

PS. Just needed to add a little more tech! :D

Mark Hinkley said:
Make sure to tighten the bolts when you install it. Otherwise you'll get oil stains in the driveway!

hinkley

PS. Just needed to add a little more tech! :D

That's what they make cardboard for.

Back