• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you add YJ lift leafs to a XJ spring pack?

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I have been reading alot about xj owners adding dakota or s10 leafs to there spring packs to get about a 3 inch lift for there rigs. As a former yj owner i have alot of yj parts laying around. The other day i noticed i had a old set of yj rear lift springs ( 3 inch lift) in my garage. The bottom leaf on the pack is broken but the rest of the pack is in good shape. I was think about adding the main leaf to my xj spring pack. Has anyone done this? How much lift should i get?

I added stock yj packs to my stock xj packs for a decent budget boost. When i had the two side by side the yj definitely had more arch. Your lift packs should get the job done just make sure you install the leaves correctly largest at teh top, getting smaller as you go. Sound dumbe but i have seen aal installed incorectly. While you've got yourself dirty you might as well grease the packs or use some sort of leaf sliders for the best flex. One other tip, when your tearing into the leaf packs make sure your super careful and keep things clamped up. Safety glasses are always a good idea.

Mike

Back