• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear fender trimming tips?

XJ4Roks

NAXJA Forum User
just curious if you can go in deeper then this without welding?...im at work at the XJ is at home, or id look. id like to go in as deep as possible and also cut the rear corner panel off. anyone have any tech links for this project?..thanks for any help!!
xtremewlr said:
IMG_0066.sized.jpg

IMG_0067.sized.jpg

Sean

That seems about as far as you can cut without welding. That is as deep as I cut and it has cause no problems.

Is that lip also on the earlier models? Mines a 92, lookin into trimming. What are you using Sean? And thats a good lookin arrow on the rear packs :greensmok

5Cent said:
Is that lip also on the earlier models? Mines a 92, lookin into trimming. What are you using Sean? And thats a good lookin arrow on the rear packs :greensmok

That lip is there for every year. I used a sawzall to make the vertical relief cuts and then bent the pieces over as much as I could by hand and then beat them flush to the inner fenderwell with a rubber mallet.

Back