• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ brakeline swap

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering if YJ brakelines hook up and have the same fittings as XJ lines. If so how much longer are they then XJ lines and would I get lines for the same year YJ as for my 1988 XJ ?
Thanks

I run factory YJ lines on my XJ I don't remeber how much longer they are but I have used them at 3" and now I am at 5-5.5" and they are still fine flexed out disconnected and whatever, I do like them better then the stainless lines I have had too many friends pull the stainless apart, not to start part war... I think the rubber lines are good just have to watch for wear over time (the lines will wear and won't hold pressure as well) :soapbox:

i used some SS lines from RE meant for a YJ with a 3.5" lift, they are 22" rear, 28" front. works great with my LA's and 32" extended shocks

brandon

No I'm going OME brake hoses. My Brother in law just blew a stainless steel Skyjacker line this weekend. When I hear about bad hoses it always seems to be after market SS. I'm staying with Rubber.
Thanks

Yep that is what I'm gunna do. I called they will take them back with out the box and reciept and I get $5 back. I'm getting the ones MADXJ.com installed.
Thanks

boise49ers said:
Yep that is what I'm gunna do. I called they will take them back with out the box and reciept and I get $5 back. I'm getting the ones MADXJ.com installed.
Thanks

shoudl work oput for ya fine - mine made my downtrave limit no lionger my brakes and instead turned it into my shock...

Yeah right now I'm about as far as you can go with out actually yankin the ends off. I won't get anymore travel, but they should have slack as opposed to strecthed farther then my wallet at the gas pump. Who do you suppose is making all this money on Gas prices ? Ain't just OPEC. People need to realize that. Record profits in Texas and California when this shit happens. The Great Divide ! You can tell I just went and got gas. $30 almost 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Good fit ! Lot's of extra hose. Now I have 3 project left. Swap Dis-connect assembly after I go to the PAP. Speedo Gear after I get my new tires, hopefully today, and Rock Rails.

Last edited:
Back