• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Places to order new axles???

McFly

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some new axles, complete.

Where can I order them? Are there Jeepers on here that refurbish D44s and install gears/lockers/disc brakes and such? Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: I'm fine going to a different size lug pattern.

call and speak with Jake, he is the lead builder and works hand in hand with dynatrac on Jeep Speed vehicles.

T & J Performance Center
Phone: 714.633.0991
1002 W. Collins Ave. Orange, CA 92867

I'm sure im the only one that has had this problem but be careful if you call a shop in cali named for the corner of three countys. it took them 5 months to ship me a custom dana 60 housing. yes just the housing no shafts, no spring perches, no shock mounts. just a centersection and tubes. and the tubes where supposed to be "new military surplus" tubes with "nothing previously welded to them" WTF ever. Both tubes leak from where somebody cut into the tubes while removing old spring perches.

This shop was supposed to have a good rep so i gave them a shot. Never again

Dingo
Just be careful

packratt53 said:
hey dingo509 --- now you've got me curious about the name of that shop --- where was it located?

PM sent

Dingo

If you are going to spend money on a custom axle just make sure it is exactly what you want and is strong enough to take whatever abuse you are going to give it. Also if you Jeep is lifted 3" and you buy your custom axle and they set it up (pionion angle/castor) for that lift set-up and then 6 months from now you decide to go to 8" of lift your set-up is now wrong. Will it work yes but will it drive excellent, no.

Whatever and whoever you decide to use just do your research and order what you need and what you want. Make sure to think ahead if there are more modifications to come.

davidt said:
depends on how much you have to spend...what is your budget, or are you just fishing?

I'd like to keep each axle under $2000 if I can. Something strong, disc brakes, OX locker preferrably (or other selectable non-air locker), 4.88s, full-floater, CTM u-joints, something as strong and unbreakable as it can be. I won't be going larger than 38.5 probably EVER. Right now I'm on 6" lift and 33s. Oh - and a custom length. I'm a Pontiac guy, and "wider is better". :D

I'd need both a front and rear axle. Like Rev Den said, I'm looking at Currie - they look strong.

What axle (complete) would you suggest then?

you might be able to keep a rear under $2k, not gonna happen with a front:

housing $200, gears $200, locker $700, CTMs $350, brackets $350, brakes/hubs $250, steering knuckles, links, arms $500. You're aready way over $2k and haven't added up massive labor charges and a couple hundred of shipping charges. Still you have a D44 that very well may break on the rocks with 38s (ask Goatman on 37s). To really be bulletproof on 38.5s a HP60 or HP9" (with 60 outers) is needed, which is gonna cost another grand or two.

Going bigger than 33s gets EXPENSIVE, bigger than 37s gets REALLY expensive, especially if you're buying bolt in axles.

McFly said:
I'd like to keep each axle under $2000 if I can. Something strong, disc brakes, OX locker preferrably (or other selectable non-air locker), 4.88s, full-floater, CTM u-joints, something as strong and unbreakable as it can be. I won't be going larger than 38.5 probably EVER. Right now I'm on 6" lift and 33s. Oh - and a custom length. I'm a Pontiac guy, and "wider is better". :D

I'd need both a front and rear axle. Like Rev Den said, I'm looking at Currie - they look strong.

What axle (complete) would you suggest then?

Just finished my HP44 front. I'm in a good deal over $2k, and I did all the work myself (except set-up the gears). If you find a place that will do a custom front for under $2k that will handle 38.5" tires, something's not right...

I guess I contact Currie via phone # about setting up the entire axle for me? I'm not the most mechanically inclined, so I'd just assume it be built to my specs with lockers disc brakes, etc.

Back