• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension question

renegade_z71

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have had my xj for a while and now i have just found a new prodject it is a 90 xj 4door 4.0 aw4 with the tow package. it is in decent shape runs good just in need of a steering column. im getting this thing for a steel at 800 bucks. i am planning on building a dd vehicle since my other xj isnt quite so dd anymore. i am wanting to run 285\75/16 mtrs and im guessing 4.10 gears since i have a spare set of axles lying around. i will most likely build the rear leaf pack but on the front sections i was wondering what would be a good flexing set up? i would prefer to stay away from long arms for the time being and stick to short arms. i was considering using some drop brackets and adjustable arms but which are the best for the money? and which springs are i guess some where between soft and firm? i really dont want a super rough ride up front but the rear is going to be a little stiffer so i can cary my gear around. andy ideas on a good spring mfg or size to accomidate the tires i want?

Back