• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need your old LIFT thats just sitting there

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
lol, well yup... im on a TOTAL budget right now and want to put my 31's on my stock jeep...

my main goal is 4.5" with 33's.... but i was able to get the 31's cheap and plan on hooking another jeeper up with them in about 4-6months (just a guess) when i can afford 33's with a top notch lift...

right now im just trying to get enough clearance and suspension to hang with you guys on the trails... i got my safety issues cleared up and can pass inspection but now i need a few inches to get me with ya guys (especially the big bear event next month...

so if you have a 3" system you dont need anymore for a descent price i will gladly come pick it up. thanks

JOe
(stock little XJ at the last meet)

Joe,

For the rear you can always find an older spring under axle S-10 or Dakota in a bone yard. Take the pack from that and graft it under the XJ's main leaf. What you'd need here would be longer shocks (You could always pick up some cheap Monroes to get you by) and a longer brake line (YJ rubber line, go to Kragen and ask for Raybestos BH38845, that is for a '92 Wrangler).

Up front you'll need some coils and possibly a spacer to match the rear lift. I *might* have some roughly 3" coils available soon, it depends on how things go with my other repairs, I'm not sure I'll have enough time to swap coils. Keep looking in on others for those, I cannot guarantee them yet.

For the sway bar you can pick up some JKS Quicker Disconnects, if you can't afford them yet it's no big deal, you can always manually disconnect it (unbolt it) and tie the sway bar up.

Since you've got an '89 you shouldn't need to worry about an SYE yet, that's a good thing!

Sequoia

I have a 3 month old Pro Comp 3" lift including shocks but is missing the front steering stabalizer (use your stock one) and two small bolts which can be picked up at the hardware store. I will even include my old rear leaf pack with the add-a-leaf already installed and a 4 degree shim already installed (to help out with the pinion angle). With this kit you will need nothing else but the time to install it. I am in South Pasadena.

Give me an offer.

Cracker
[email protected]

GSequoia said:
Joe,

For the rear you can always find an older spring under axle S-10 or Dakota in a bone yard. Take the pack from that and graft it under the XJ's main leaf. What you'd need here would be longer shocks (You could always pick up some cheap Monroes to get you by) and a longer brake line (YJ rubber line, go to Kragen and ask for Raybestos BH38845, that is for a '92 Wrangler).

Sequoia

Speaking of cheap shocks, for the rear you can get a set of rear stock MJ Comanche shocks pretty cheap from jcw.com, move your bar pins from your old shocks to the new ones and they are good for about 3-4" of lift in the rear (shocks are rated about 8.5-9" travel). You can use the same MJ stock rear shocks for your fronts if you get a set of RE or JKS upper shock conversion.

There is an article here about the budget sway bar quick disconnects:
http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/budgetdisconnects/index.htm

:chef:
KingOfTheHill said:
lol, well yup... im on a TOTAL budget right now and want to put my 31's on my stock jeep...

JOe
(stock little XJ at the last meet)

I've got some DOETSCH TECH front shocks for a 4.5-5.5" Lift in the garage. They are fairly new, maybe 8-9K miles on them. I even have NEW boots!!!!!!
Red or Black.. YOU CHOOSE.
$40

I've got a brand new Pro-Comp steering stabilizer also.
$25.

But wait...if you act now you can HAVE the 4.5" leaf springs that are in my back yard.....

Good luck getting it all together! :chef:

Back