• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare stuff for the trail

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I know that this comes up every so often and I think it's good that it does cause new "needs" arise and it's important for others to think about what's potentially needed....

A really interesting need came up yesterday for a group I was leading (in a slightly roundabout way :) ). Anyways, the first somewhat big one that kind of caught me off guard was the need for a tire valve (or whatever you call that thing that goes into the stem). It popped out on a guy as he was airing down and we were lucky to find it!
Another usefull piece was a replacement bushing for the front shocks (the stud ones)......

I'm also thinking about carrying spare ujoints (my old ones as soon as I get and put the news ones in)....

Mind you the above I think is an almost a must for all types of trails: hard to easy ...

Anything else that anyone can think of? Please post which type of a trail you consider the items for....

Kejtar

Kevlar, ol' buddy --

If a u-joint is bad enough that you're going to remove it from service, why would you even consider carrying it as a spare? New ones just aren't all that expensive.

Actually it's not bad that it needs replacement... I'm just being proactive as I don't want to replace it on teh side of the road my feather friend :) :)

They have about 120K on them.... so well... they are cheap enough that I can swap them out and keep the old ones as spares...

Kejtar

Last edited:
Back