• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Resettable hour meter

Well, I just checked Allied and Newark-In-One (pretty much the main places to go for that stuff) and neither one had any hour counters that were resettable.

What are you trying to do? If I knew more, I may be able to give you some idea. When do you want to reset, and why?

The main problem you're going to run into is that an hourmeter is used on equipment like an odometer is used on a vehicle, and is an indicator of how much it's been used. Replacing an hourmeter on industrial equipment (unless it's non-functional) is just about as fraudulent as rolling back an odometer, so a resettable is something that's like to take some looking for, or you'll just have to make one yourself...

5-90

90Pioneer said:
Where can I find an hour meter than I can reset? Been looking on google and it's a no go so far.
itf097024.jpg

On a serious note: how and what are you planning to use it for?

Ah - you should have said you wanted a timer...

Sorry I don't feel like digging out the catalogue right now, but look up timers at Allied Electronics (www.alliedelec.com) for starts, and you'll probably find something you can use there.

When you ask for an hour meter, you are looking for something that shows total elapsed runtime. A "timer" can be used to check processes, and is by definition resettable - while an "hour meter" is not. Since an hour meter also measures directly in hours, you don't have a lot of resolution - HH:mm:ss timers are about as common as fleas. The main problem you're like to run into is finding a timer that A) runs on 10-16 volts AND B) has whatever display you actually want - and both without adapting.

5-90

Back