• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dakota parts

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
i was just wondering if anyone knows if an 88 dakota rear end will bolt into an xj ? and if anyone knows what kind of rear it would have / i'm asking because it would be free for me :laugh3:

maineiac said:
i was just wondering if anyone knows if an 88 dakota rear end will bolt into an xj ? and if anyone knows what kind of rear it would have / i'm asking because it would be free for me :laugh3:

I highly doubt it would bolt in, maybe into an MJ. And I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort........... :repair:

What you might want to look at is that some of the Dakota's had the NP231HD transfer case with the wide chain.

old_man said:
What you might want to look at is that some of the Dakota's had the NP231HD transfer case with the wide chain.
ill check it out i havnt even seen them all i know is the guy has 2 88's and i was told i can have all the parts i want because they are going to the junk yard in the spring

I had a '90 dakota 4x4 before the cherokee and it had a Crysler 8.25 I believe the spring mounts are wider than on a cherokee. The lug patern on my Dakota was the same as the cherokee but my dad had a 2wd '91 dakota that had the 6 lug axle, but I believe it was the crysler 8.25 also.
Here is a link to a US Gear web page that shows some axles that were in dakotas and spline count/gears avaliable.
It looks like unless your freind it trashing a '98 with a V8 to get the 9.25 you won't be up any from the D35.

Back