• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pro's and con's on my lift idea

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
ok i am installing my new up country springs and coils and i was thinking of also installing a 2" addaleaf in the rear and 2" poly spacer's up front and a transfercase drop if i did all my thinking it should be fine with very little or no driveline vibration right or wrong ??also i am going to run 31"tires :hang:

stu's jeep's said:
ok i am installing my new up country springs and coils and i was thinking of also installing a 2" addaleaf in the rear and 2" poly spacer's up front and a transfercase drop if i did all my thinking it should be fine with very little or no driveline vibration right or wrong ??also i am going to run 31"tires :hang:
year?
I run the upcountry coils/spacer and 2" shackle with no vibes. (running 255/70/16)

stu's jeep's said:
1996 xj auto 2dr :wave:
I would "think" you should be ok without a drop kit.
MIGHT have some rubbin though. not sure on the conversion scales.....

stu's jeep's said:
I didn't have any vibes until I went to 6" and eliminated the transfer case drop. Tom Woods SYE kit was extremely easy to install though and came with a driveshaft.

doodahman said:
I didn't have any vibes until I went to 6" and eliminated the transfer case drop. Tom Woods SYE kit was extremely easy to install though and came with a driveshaft.
You have a '90. Stu has a '96. The transfer case outputs are different.

Back