• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scout 44 and Disks

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Im running a scout 44 and want to convert it to disk brakes. A buddy did it with ZJ parts but the backing plates came out a little different then a XJ 44 and he had to order new shafts from Moser. Just wondering if anyone has done this with junkyard parts where they would bolt on. OR at least something I could fab up without ordering new shafts right now.

I used the TSM kit, and it bolted on easily, once I machined my own spacers to replace the incorrect ones TSM supplied and refused to rectify. I wouldn't do it again as it ended up over $600. I finally have the ebrake calipers working, but they were really tought to adjust initially (Cadilac callipers). I would most definately try to make a ZJ, ford 8.8 type thing work next time around. As I recall, there was a writeup on Pirate4x4 regarding using suzuki rotors and nissan calipers, but I don't have a link... good luck.

There's this method:

Rear Disk Conversion at ORC

But that leaves you with the crappy Caddy style hand brake. A couple guys in my club run it and they say it sucks - rarely strong enough to hold the vehicle. I've seen that echoed in various places on the net too.

There is the roll your own method in the Jeep section on PBB.

I'm curious about what your buddy ended up having to do...I'm bolting together my Scout rear and am about to start scrounging the ZJ parts...I have the WARN full float kit...what problem did your buddy come into?

r@m

Last edited:
Back