• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front v/s rear lift

Mike from Chile

NAXJA Forum User
After installing RE 3,5 Lift + Spacer in the front and a Shackle in the rear, I think I lost the original (stock) angle of my XJ.

Is there a unique and correct measure (Front/rear) starting from the floor?
ie.- From the ground to the base of front ligths : xx inches
from the ground to the base of rear stop ligths : xx inches

thanks

Mike

Hi, Mike --

Your speedo gear is on order.

Measuring from the ground is not a reliable standard, because tire size and even inflation pressure affect the height. What we have agreed to use as a refernce for meaurement is the distance from the center of the hub cap/wheel center directly up (vertical) to the bottom edge of the flares. For a stock height XJ, this dimension should be 17.5 inches (445.4 mm) at the front end and 17.0 inches (431.8 mm) at the rear.

This measurement is from axle centerline to body, so tire size and pressure do not have any effect.

Hi again Eagle!
Thanks for your reply; so I will get the correct body inclination (is that the right word?) by having half an inch difference between both measures.

Thanks and see you soon to have another 4x4 expedition hahah

Back