• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part number for composite vc gasket

The VC's come with the gasket on them from the factory, you will not find one aftermarket, nor will you find one from Jeep. They typically tell you to buy a new VC, since it has the gasket already on it.

Get some silicone gasket maker, I used the RED Hi-Temp one for mine. I did it the 1st time, waited an hour, then drive it, that was my problem. It leaked a little. The 2nd time I waited overnight, then it was good. You need to tighten the bolts on the VC in a criss-cross manner so the gasket seats correctly.

Good luck.

Felpro makes a nice VC gasket. I have installed a couple of them. There have been several discussions here on this topic. I suggest you do a search.

FELPRO VALVE COVER GASKET for a 1990 JEEP CHEROKEE 4WD

Unit Price: $7.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: VS50245R
Weight: 0.2 lbs.
Warranty:
Availability: Online: Ships within 2 business days
Store: Normally Stocked
Note:

NONE

Straight from Autozone's Website

1990XJ4x4 said:
FELPRO VALVE COVER GASKET for a 1990 JEEP CHEROKEE 4WD

Unit Price: $7.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: VS50245R
Weight: 0.2 lbs.
Warranty:
Availability: Online: Ships within 2 business days
Store: Normally Stocked
Note:

NONE

Straight from Autozone's Website

I sit corrected

the gasket will work with a HO. Most everything as far as gaskets are interchangable between HO and non-HO motors

It should fit most 4.0s with the aluminum valve cover, Chrysler p/n 5093785AA. Its for the 94 & 95 4.0s. The only difference I'm aware of between those years and earlier is the style of vents. The gasket lists for $26, and is rubber with self-adhesive for the valve cover side.

--Matt

Back