• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade control arms

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any pics of their homemade control arms? Is the offset on one side necessary?

I've seen control arms where one end, where the bushing is in, that is mounted off center. I guess this would only be necessary if the arm is straight.

XtremeJ said:
I've seen control arms where one end, where the bushing is in, that is mounted off center. I guess this would only be necessary if the arm is straight.

how about showing us a pic? I have built my own arms and dont hve an offset in them

Well if it isn't necessary it would be easier to not have the offset. How about a picture of your control arms? What are the sizes of the materials used?
Thanks. [email protected]

xjnation said:
??????????????????????????????????????????? what offset?

the one that allows more droop before hitting the top of the LCA mount...

XtremeJ said:
I've seen control arms where one end, where the bushing is in, that is mounted off center. I guess this would only be necessary if the arm is straight
Like this?

RE3700.jpg

i built mine with offset it does help for clearence to mounts, used stock rubber bushing and made a sleeve for them. then adj. with 1 1/4 fine thread and large nut welded to tubing, the 1 1/4 is over kill, but i had some laying around and some 1/4 tubing that fit perfect. put grease zerk on the bolt to help lubricate.

i have some bushing sleeves for stock 4 and four good bushing that i can sell to anyone for a good price.

Back