• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Day run, Sunday March 20th - Pancake Mesa

wolfheartak

NAXJA Member #715
Hey all, I'm going to do a Sunday run to Pancake Mesa (Down in Jamul, east of San Diego for those that don't know) Let me know if there are any takers.

Channel 4, Meeting at 8:30am at the 7-11 off of Lake Jennings Road. It's off the 8 in Lakeside. Take off at 9am. Speak up if your going to come so we know when everyone arrives.

Anyone is more than welcome to come out. I did this trail a few month's ago, and we had a locked KJ and 2 open XJ's w/ a 3inch lift make it through just fine.

-Marisha

Hi Marisha,

What time are you leavibg OC? Maybe we can meet up and Jeep-caravan?

I am going to try to make this one as well as Calico the next Saturday!

Thanks,

Robert

I might be able to stop bye to the day..
although I have some major buggy work to do prior to Easter weekend..
I'll let you know as we get closer...
Rick /R :sunshine:

Closer? It's next Sunday, what do you need us to do come by and wake you up the morning of to see if you can go? Sheesh...

-Marisha

Its not THIS sunday...so....welll......things can happen in a week you know!!
I'm thinking I might have the buggies done by then...but....
Rick :sunshine:
And you should come on by my place before you head up to the great white north! Let me show off my toy collection!
:wave:

rpraterxj said:
Hi Marisha,

What time are you leavibg OC? Maybe we can meet up and Jeep-caravan?

I am going to try to make this one as well as Calico the next Saturday!

Thanks,

Robert

About 6:30 so we can be there by 8:30. Let me know if you are going to make it. It's just a day run, we should be headed home before it's dusk.

-Marisha

Hi Marisha,

Wife & I will be in SD on Saturday. I think I have taled her in to staying in a hotel and then going wheelin on Sunday! Is the meeting spot easy to find? I know you said Lake Jennings road exit off of the 8. Any more details?
What is the trail rating (difficulty, terrain)?

Thanks,

Robert

hi all. i am planning to make it there. so unless something comes up by friday i should be there. i will post up if i can't make it.

Robert, Yes the turn off is easy to find, it's off the 8, and the 7-11 is right next to the freeway on old Hwy 80. We can meet up if you don't think you can find it ok, just let me know. The trail has worsened in the last 2 years from the rain, but if you have either a locker of a lift you will be fine. We had 2 w/ just 3 inches make it as well as a decked out KJ w/ a locker.

Hey Mikey! Hope you can make it out there!

-Marisha

Thanks, but I think we (she) has decided not to stay overnight. She is not going to go. She wants to see her mom that day, but I am going. So I will meet you in OC and drive down together, if that's OK? Is there a group meeting and driving down together?

Thanks,

Robert

Who/how many poeple are going on this run?

I saw a post today on Justruns that said that Pancake Rock (Carvacre Trail) is closed!!! We need to find out before we all drive down there.

If it is closed, is there an alternate place we can go? I really want to wheel this Sunday.

Thanks,

Robert

Marisha's internet service is down. Can not read or post messages for the last few days. Her cell phone number is (909-496-0572) so that if you or planning ongoing on the Sunday run please call Marisha's and let her know.
Please call her dircetly for dictions and/or to R.S.V.P.

Back