• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trimming ..the pretty way to go flareless..(PICS)

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
hey i have been floating around here for a while and just recently got pictures up of the jeep with the fenders trimmed. front bumper on and stuff.. I know fender trimming is a popular topic around here. so i thought i would share. any questions comments would be great ! i think it turned out really good with a little work and a little bondo !

sorry for the link.. the close up of it is on page 3

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/263800/1

-keith h

looks nice and clean bro! i just followed the same cut and side molding technique found on the rocklizard site.

brandon

thanks...!
yea it took a while to play with the bodo and the front cracked out down at the bottom a little but a fender brace on the inside would take care of that. i should have my JKS supernerfs on next week.. should finish i up nicely

keith h

Looks like what I did. I'm using some molding I found at Grainger. It has a metal spine inside that clamps to the fender like a paperclip.

P1010178.sized.jpg

Timmay said:
Looks like what I did. I'm using some molding I found at Grainger. It has a metal spine inside that clamps to the fender like a paperclip.

P1010178.sized.jpg

Any specific's of what the molding was called??

Will.

I think it looks great Keith... but why did you need to use Bondo?

Brian T.

thanks for the compliments ! when i folded the releif cuts up. the small lip was kinda bent. and i wanted it all to be smooth and straight. Then at the bottom i didnt want that sharp edge so i pounded it in with a hammer so it llooked like crap so i used bondo to fill it all in before i painted it. il try to get more close up pics if you want. But theres NO sharp edges you cant even tell any cuts were made. it looks almost factory..

keith

Back