• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on tires

AD-8

NAXJA Forum User
i have 235's on my jeep now but i will be getting 31,s how much of a difference is there gonna be between my actual speed and the speed on my speedo

ABOUT 10 percent.

235/75r15s are about 28" so going up 3 inches would be about a 10% change. real world may be a little different. a new speedo gear only costs a couple dollars and takes just a few minutes to swap. check Gojeep's website to figure out which one you need.

Funny thing is that you'll probably be off by less than that - your Jeep is probably running under the right speed right now, so adding the larger tires is only going to bump you slightly over the correct speed. You won't know for sure until you actually measure it against a known course.

Yucca-Man said:
Funny thing is that you'll probably be off by less than that - your Jeep is probably running under the right speed right now, so adding the larger tires is only going to bump you slightly over the correct speed. You won't know for sure until you actually measure it against a known course.

X2 My 2k is dead on with 31's.

Back