• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch security?

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
Open style bumper....For bolts, a cotter pin, two hydraulic fittings and its "theirs"....how have y'all solved the problem?

Thanks....

P

Make it harder to get.

Put a tack weld on the bottom of the bolts where the nuts are tightened at. It at least keeps the honest people honest, but i still recommend keeping your reciept for insurance purposes. Daniel

Yeah, even Warn recommends tack welding one of the bolts, that's what I do.

I'm not a fan of tacking the bolts -- enough heat could anneal the fasteners -- but welding a channel over the bolt heads does work wonders...

satan said:
I'm not a fan of tacking the bolts -- enough heat could anneal the fasteners -- but welding a channel over the bolt heads does work wonders...

Too damn hard to grind it off when you need to remove the winch. A quick tack on one or two bolts is all you need, and it won't hurt anything. All four bolts don't need to be tacked, if one isn't removable they can't steel your winch. If you call and ask Warn how to secure the winch, they will tell you to tack one of the bolts.....I had called them.

If you are worried about heat, couldn't you just put JB Weld over the threads. BTW, sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

Back