• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ANOTHER steering thread, need input on final decision

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Well here it goes. Me and 91 Jeep Project have been talking about some steering, and what in the hell we want to do. He gave me this idea which i've drawn out in paint. The tube on the steering would be 1.5" DOM tubing with .25" wall. The red parts are TRE's, but should I use PSC's TRE's, or chevy 1 tons, or are they one in the same? The blue parts are the two mounting positions on the Teraflex knuckle which we would be using(D30 High Steer). The Tie-rod has been flipped for OTK setup, but im not sure whether or not I'll go that route as I'm not sure the pros and cons of doing that (need input on that, anyone?). I would be getting a JKS OAB to move the trackbar above the axle to help with the angles of the draglink and trackbar. Anyone forsee any problems with this idea, or does it seem like it would work well? Below is the sketch I made in paint, just in case some can't visualize it...

I have the JKS/ORGS bracket, WJ knuckles, OTK and 1.25" links with WJ rod ends. Also for referance I have a RE HD TB bracket and stock(I think) pitman arm. I first ran it UTK with ALMOST NO bumpsteer, after OTK I have a small amount more Bumpsteer. THis can be worked out by swapping pitman arms. Visably the TB and DL heights match just right but remember the TB is now shorter and swings on a different arc.
The Tera knuckle is even higher though isnt it? And mounts OTK for the drag link? Im just sayin that the JKS TB bracket might not be high enough for the Tera knuckle. Swapping to a shallower drop pitman arm might be nessesary to get it right.
JUst a thought, good luck.

Back