• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating on the freeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarprod

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I posted this in OEM but perhaps you guys can help as well. When driving down the road at 60+ my 1995 seems to be getting hot (215-225+). This gets worse with A/C on (in 75 degree weather). When I slow down or am Idling, I stay at 205-212 with the aux fan varying on and off. Just had the radiator fixed 3 days ago (was cracked and leaking) but this problem started about 10 months ago - not an issue in the winter. I have overgeared to 4.56 (last fall) with 31's and I run in the 2500-3000 rpm range on the fwy. So, it is cool when slow but hot when at speed. Some have said the torque converter - mine does seem to have this issue - allowing slippage under power. Slippage = friction = heat. I have also heard of issues with the muffler but I have a flowmaster - 2.5 years old and I don't think it is bad. I have some vibe from the rear shaft but that shouldn't generate any heat. Any thoughts would be helpful - how do I fix it so that the jeep locks up my torque converter?

Thanks in advance,
Phil Hover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back