• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 xj can i do the SYE/ front DS combo??

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
i have a 97 cherokee with an auto. soon to be at about 6" of lift. im going with the RE hack n tap SYE, 211229x flange, and stock front driveshaft. what year/drivetrain combo should i look for in a donor XJ to pull the front shaft from. im probably going to need the longest one possible. and yes ive searched but nobody has any definite answers.....thanks in advance.

if i recall correctly oens from 4.0 aw4 np231 are 32"-35" compressed and extended. i was looking at my friends zj front shaft and it seemed to have a lot more travel in it. might be cause of lp. something to look in to. this is my next mod i plan on doing. good luck

do you have an 8.25 rear end? i think it wont work with the 35 since hte pinion is shorter, this could be spobi though

i tried searching autozone.com but it cant find the part number. napa's website is down....you might try oreilleys

Back