• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ dana 44 specs

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
alright, i was able to find a XJ d44 for really cheap, my questions is... whats the axle tube diameter? is is the same as a c8.25? also do i need to make any driveshaft mods if i'm switching from a c8.25 to a d44?

brandon
PS, does anyone know of a complete disk brake kit for the XJ d44?

JJacobs said:
1: same as 8.25
2: 8.25 slightly longer pinion, your driveshaft should be fine
3: ZJ discs, or the usual aftermarket suspects such as TSM

will the tera flex kit work too?

The C8.25 axletubes are 3", while the D44 tubes are 2.75" - the 3" u-bolts will hold it, but for accuracy's sake you certainly want to use the right u-bolts. The driveshaft should be fine.

De nada. I actually drove mine with the C8.25 u-bolts in, but only as far as the parts store to pick up the right stuff. I can see that shearing off a center pin if not addressed correctly.

Even though I did not start this thread, thank you for the info. Can I add a question?

At the Pull a part, how can I clearly identify the XJ d44?

Thank you
Jason

Hmmm, I thought they were 3" tube dia... OTOH all I've messed with is the MJ44s.

Since you have an 8.25 to visualize against... the D44 housing/cover is taller than it is wide, and the cover is angular. By comparison, the D35 is wider than it is tall, and the cover is more oval shaped than angular.

Back