• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ STEERING GEAR BOX BRACE! Anyone insatlled? Pics?

diegom6

NAXJA Forum User
I found this XJ STEERING GEAR BOX BRACE but I really don't know how is mounted in a XJ and would relly like to see from where to where goes tighted.

Anyone who is runing this, could shoot me an actually pic of yours insatlled in your XJ?

Thanks

ce9037x.jpg

The round clamp goes on the sterring box and the it runs to the pass. front of the frame right where the bumper bolts up. I have the rustys one but it looks the same. Once you set it up there it is pretty much self explanatory.

tony597fitter said:
The round clamp goes on the sterring box and the it runs to the pass. front of the frame right where the bumper bolts up. I have the rustys one but it looks the same. Once you set it up there it is pretty much self explanatory.

I quite get the idea, but I'm bit lost, do you have any actual picture of it insatlled? it will help me a lot!

Thanks

No matter what pciture or XJ is, just shoot whatever has it!

I think the one that I have on my XJ is from MORE.

The brace at the top of the picture. The other part is a CROK frame plate before I modified it.
IMG_0006.sized.jpg

Steering box brace installed
IMG_0039.sized.jpg

IMG_0037.sized.jpg

Bolt for brace thru the pass side frame
IMG_0036_001.sized.jpg

CROK plate installed
IMG_0027.sized.jpg

Hope this helps.

I have this on my jeep too. I got it from M.O.R.E. mountainoffroad.com
It bolts to the pass side and the clamps go around the bottom of the steering box right above the pitman arm to secure the box from flexing off the frame. It is highly advised that you also add inner and outer steering plates like the ones that C-Rok on your Xj before running just this brace as this brace could cause cracks by itself. I'm just running this brace currently, but will have C-Rok inner and outer plates to complement it and strengthen the steering box area, but then again I'll be running 35 or 37" tires too so that puts alot of strain on the area. Hydro assist steering would help this out a bit and take alot of the strain off of the steering box to frame mount as well.

Troy

xtremwlr! Thanks for the pics, they just helped me a lot to understand the figure.

If you have more pics of you hardcore suspension stuff, feel free to post here cuz I'm starting to modify my XJ in the under unibody section!

I have MIG weld and a person who knows weld, since I have body shopp I cna play with these items, mostly copy them and try to run all those parts as custom job.

BTW...do you think you could messure the hegiht of the square plate support that bolts in the right frame side? It's to get a reference when I build mine and not go off of messures!

BigRed, you are right, if I go this route (sure will) I will have to cut a steel plate like the croak inner and outer plates to get the maximun strengh!

(sorry for my poor english)

and like I said, if you have more pics of all your modify suspension, post here plz!

Thanks

Theeasiest steering box brace is a piece of 3/16" pklate steel placed behind the outside of the frame , drilled with the three holes and a spacer made to rick up the forth

Back