• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rails for cherokee

dline

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have exact dimensions on a set of rock rails for a cherokee?like size of tubing, what size holes, and where the holes are placed, and where the cross tubes are placed....etc....

I want to get a set made, and I need all the dimensions to make them.

I can check tonite for you, but if you are having a shop do the work, it might be cheaper/easier to buy a set. I paid less than $250 for mine from Rocky Road, and they're unstoppable-IMO

well - here is what i would do -

go out to MY XJ with a tape measure and a pad - find spots where i want to attach stuff (uniframe, pinch seam) and make little dots with sharpie on good places to bolt to.
then measure them and decide on what bolts you want to use (self tapping, thru bolt, tech screws) - that will determine the size of the hole.
then decide on what size box to use - 2x2, 2x4, whatever...
then choose some material to go from the box to the frame rail...

comeon!

I want to mount one of these, but need dimentions... wanna check my welds...?
B0000DBJRW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

oh - and AJ's makes a great product for as cheap as you can get them...

A search can be your friend.
This thread is only 1 day old and has some good pics of drawings with all the measurements. It even has two different ones. HTH

Hey XJ_Ranger, I think that mod will be great in your rig, but you'll really need the stability of those full widths to brew a full cup! :laugh3:

nhrocker said:
A search can be your friend.
This thread is only 1 day old and has some good pics of drawings with all the measurements. It even has two different ones. HTH

Hey XJ_Ranger, I think that mod will be great in your rig, but you'll really need the stability of those full widths to brew a full cup! :laugh3:

working on the fullwidths - blew the brake on the d35 this weekend...

BLUE 37 said:
I can check tonite for you, but if you are having a shop do the work, it might be cheaper/easier to buy a set. I paid less than $250 for mine from Rocky Road, and they're unstoppable-IMO

I agree. I couldn't stop mine from damaging my rocker.

Don't design yours like the RRO's. 1x1 connecting the slider to the frame is way too small, and 4 bolts (2 per mount) on a small plate is not enough. Weld it if you can.

Again search is your friend. There are a dozen posts showing the damage the rocker guards can cause if poorly designed. Measure your vehicle and go from there.

Back