• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Installed JKS "Quicker" Disconnects... Possible Problem!

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I installed my JKS Quicker Disconnects yesterday. I followed the instructions and made each link the same length. Here's the possible problem. When they are both disconnected, and I am connecting them... the first one goes on real easy. The second one then doesn't seem like the right length. I have to kinda pull down on the front end or puch up so I can get it aligned. This is on an even road surface with the tires pointed straight. Is this normal? If so, they are quick to disconnect but slow to reconnect!

Ya well the ones I took off were the same length so it seems odd. Am I putting extra stress on the bushings if I leave it like it is?

Actually when you install them park the jeep on as level a place as you can find. install them, then adjust them both to the correct length. Over time and having the added weight of say just a driver the right side will sag just a hair. As for the stockers being the same length, yea, thats correct but then you were not unbolting them either. Bet if you did that there would be more thread exposed on one side than the other...

RichP said:
Actually when you install them park the jeep on as level a place as you can find. install them, then adjust them both to the correct length. Over time and having the added weight of say just a driver the right side will sag just a hair. As for the stockers being the same length, yea, thats correct but then you were not unbolting them either. Bet if you did that there would be more thread exposed on one side than the other...

That is correct.

IdeaMan said:
This is on an even road surface with the tires pointed straight. Is this normal? If so, they are quick to disconnect but slow to reconnect!

It's normal. Nothing in this world is perfect. Like Brian said, install one, adjust the other to the position it goes on easiest, worry about something else :)

Actually I just went out and disconnected and reconnected again after driving it. They are still the same length and they actually came on and off very easy. Maybe it was just that initial time and things needed to be worked out a little bit. I did notice that I have a lot (maybe not "a lot") of grease coming out of both bottom bushings. How normal is this?

Last edited:
Back