• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help me spend my money

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
ok here is what we got a 96 xj with the good ol 2.5l 5speed.
3 inch rugh country lift add-a-leaf rear
cut fenders
32x11.50.15 maxxis mudders
I whant to go bigger and i have right at $1000.00 to do it with
Ive got a set of 33x12.50x15 tsl swampers that are going on it
then when they wear out i whant 35s so here is what i was thinking tell me if im insane and should do something else
All from rustys
Front Lower Control Arms 130.00
Front Upper Control Arms (pair$130.00
XJ 6.5" Front Coil Springs $149.00
1.5" Extended Greasable Shackles (pair)$69.00
2" Block Kit w/U-Bolts $49.00
Rusty's XJ Performance Shocks$30.00 x 4
Advance Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator $200.00
Lock-Rite Locker - Dana Model 30 $249.00
Front and Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines $89.00
total=$1186

dont see a new driveshaft on there

Please hire a Jeep service tech to tell me why my engine won't run right. ( I only sunk it in about 6 feet of water)
thank you in advance.
-bc

well it has 4.10 gears and it goes good in 4wheel low.I agree i need a 4.0 but they are to expensive i got this xj for 1900.00 If i bought a 4.0 i wouldnt be able to do anything to it.Im thinking of just adding 1.75 shackles and a 2 inch spacer and lockrights front back and control arms to save some money so maybe i by some wheels

sounds like a plan, add some skids and you'll be good to go

elephantrider1 said:
is there something wrong with rustys should my money go elsewhere.thier control arms are way cheaper does that mean they are made cheaper

in my expierence - you get what you pay for...

You're missing a couple things, an adjustable track bar and as mentioned a CV driveshaft to go with the SYE, also will your current swaybar disconnects work?

Also on the rear springs, I wouldn't spend $120 (plus whatever the RC lift cost) to end up with stock leafs plus a block plus an add-a-leaf plus an extended shackle...I'd take that $120 and put it towards a new set of 6" leafs, they'll be about $250-300 for the pair.

Also you can save a bunch of money buying used, check the for sale forum here and at JU and ebay. You can probably find used control arms for half that price. Also check out some other vendors like Dirk at DPGoffroad.com or Jason at Jeepinoutfitters.com, it's worth a phone call, they may surprise you with their price on stuff.

imo, dont go for shackle block combo, go buy full leafs at that hieght. shackles will just make it sag with an aal. sell your packs with the aal on here and make ur money back that way. u will need track bar and driveshaft. be prepared tho with that motor for absolutley no power. iid stick with 33's. dont thing about an upgrade to 35's unless ur willing to swap a 4.0 in.

ok i bought jks quicker discos,2 inch budget boost shackel in rear,upper and lower control arms,and a lockright for the front,and a tcase drop bracket.now everybody can tell me how bad i screwed up

If you need to ask NAXJA how bad you screwd up after you buy something it sounds like you needed to think about it some more. When it comes to suspension (well really everything) you get what you pay for if you go the cheap route you will pay in the long run ride quality, breakage, reliability, etc.

Also in your first list what about longer shocks?

If I were you Id go full packs in the rear with an SYE and either regear or engine swap because 35s (33s as well) and a 4 banger dont mix very well lack of power, mpg decrease, and if you got an auto you will be making major tranny HEAT

Take some time before you buy stuff and research it!

TORX

well i got the xj cheap so i bought it 4 banger and all. it is my first one but not the last i am going to drive it till it pukes then buy one with a 4.0 and put everything i bought for this one on it. It has 4.10 gears so it has quit a bit of low end power for a 4cyl.

Back