• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Light Problems

jeeppowermj

NAXJA Forum User
In my 88 Comanche, my HVAC, clock and radio lights don't work. I was wondering if anybody knew if there was some kind of an inline fuse or something that could have blown. My guage lights work fine. I looked at the fuse box and didn't see any fuses that would have gone to these lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Being an '88, maybe the lights themselves have blown? The instrument cluster I put into mine had about half of them blown, so replaced before I put it in.

Any Idea how hard it would be to replace the lights in the radio and clock, or should I just not worry about it? I would think that you couldn't really get into the radio all that easily.

My radio lights are shot too except the bass/treble/volume switches. I believe it's an internal thing with the radio, the others could be due to a loose ground. If this problem happened all at once, it's due to loose wiring. Otherwise I'm with the blown bulbs theory.

First thing I did is rip out the stock stereo to put in an MP3 deck, so no idea on ligths on there. As for light for the clock? really easy to do. Take out the dash cover, and you can then easily unscrew the clock and put a new bulb in. For the cluster can be a bit more difficult, depending on the year. My '90 was a bitch changing the cluster out, as there's really not any extra room for manoeuvering, but did manage to do it. I'd check the bulb first on clock Can do it in a matter of a few minutes. 7 screws total, and just easing the dashpanel off to get behind it. [4 on the panel, 3 keeping the clock in] Should take you all of less than 20min from start to finish.

My cluster lights work. Its just the HVAC, clock and radio lights. I bought the truck like this last summer so its always been like this for me. I'll have to check for a loose ground. I never even thought of that. Thanks for the help.

Back