• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is a 242 and dana 300....

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
i was told today that if you have a 242 t case all you need to do to put in a dana 300 is get a new front axle, meaning that the splines on the output shaft and bolt pattern on the tranny are the same as that as the dana 300. anyone happen to know how true this is or what is really involved?

thanks

well dana 300's are passenger side drop so you either need a flip kit or a new front axle, but you also need a spacer and clocking ring to make it fit

xjnation said:
well dana 300's are passenger side drop so you either need a flip kit or a new front axle, but you also need a spacer and clocking ring to make it fit

i knew they were pass. drop but what would the spacer and clocking ring be needed for?

first reason is if you dont reclock it the 300 will hang down about 4" below the existing crossmember. also the input shaft is too long to bolt to the Aw4 and you will need to make sure the existing trans is a 23 spline output

ok i just never heard it called a clocking ring, degree ring is what i've always known it as but cool thanks that helps out a lot

Back