• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stoddard Valley XJ run next weekend

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who's going to Stoddard Valley next weekend for the SoCal XJ list run? It's been a long time since I've been able to attend a SoCal run, so I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

It looks like I'll be leading Pumpkin Eater on Sat, so if you're locked up on both ends and want to run a tough trail, come and join us. Stoddard Valley is a few minutes south of Barstow on Hwy 247.

Goatman said:
Who's going to Stoddard Valley next weekend for the SoCal XJ list run? It's been a long time since I've been able to attend a SoCal run, so I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Schedule permitting, I'm planning on making it. Dunno if I'll be able to do all three days, but I am going to try to make it out for at least one.

I'm not sure I want to do any trail called Pumpkin eater or Carnage..or Tear your shit metal all to heck...or Broken window alley or.....ohhhh...
okay...let me do a little more fender trimming and I be right there!
Rick R :sunshine:

I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Just how hard is Pumpkin Eater? I am looking forward to trying my new F&R lockers (but I am only on 32s, although that hasn't stopped me before)

I plan on going this weekend. As long as I get my front ARB plumbed to my OBA then I will have both lockers. Anyone wanna caravan up there?

-Mike

I'll be out there late Fri afternoon, and will run Sat and a short run on Sun.

I did pumpkin eater on 32" in fact if you look at the rig of the month for june 2004 and pick the green jeep(on the top) you will see several pictures of me on pumpkin eater on 32" I bent my tie rod so be forwarned. Its a good trail.

I'll be coming out Saturday afternoon/evening.

Me!

Heard a rumor about needing a winch at the top of PE.

Winch?

What do they look like?

--ron

we never got to the top of pumpkin eater Ron :laugh3:

this is what the winch is for
TJ on 37's
47b4cf35b3127cce9bf33bb0075e00000016109AbNmzhy5ay

47b4cf35b3127cce9bf33bb1866f00000016109AbNmzhy5ay

poor me on 33's
47b4cf35b3127cce9bf33bca072400000016109AbNmzhy5ay

Richard had to winch last time... and when he did the 1st time.. he almost brought down a volkswagon sized boulder rolling down the mtn side :gag:

I'm sure I'll soon be finding out first hand about winches, maybe this weekend.

But untill then... :D

--ron

PS: Get DVD?

Last edited:
jpfreak said:
I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Just how hard is Pumpkin Eater? I am looking forward to trying my new F&R lockers (but I am only on 32s, although that hasn't stopped me before)

Chris, it's hard enough that you'll just have to do it!

I'll be there Thursday, call on CB4 when you get there.

--ron

Yes, I will definitely run Pumpkin Eater. I plan on leaving Vegas as early as possible, so probably around 10-12. I'll be there by 2:30 on Friday.

Back