• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BA to AW4 swap....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I know a few of you have done it and searched, but coudl not find what I was looking for. Been helping a buddy do this swap this past week. Three of s wenet to the yard to try and get all the stuff needed. However I think we may have missed something. Everything is in and hooked up. hopefully correctly. There are 2 cables to the floor shifter. One puts the tranny in gear, what does the other one do? The guy that pulled the interior parts forget to go back and get that one. Will it keep the jeep from starting? If nto what will? Also the cable that goes to the tb the tb end broke when i removed it. How does it come out of the trany? we pulled the one bolt but it will not release. :wierd: I am the blind leading the blind on this one so any help would be appreciated.....

That 2nd shift tower cable is for the interlock. You don't need it unless you want to retain the inability to shift out of park with the key out. Child protection, really. W/O the TV it won't downshift properly when you stab the gas, get a good one from the yard. I never have had to remove one from the AW4, so I'm unsure. I'll look into it for you though. Make sure you've got the right flywheel for the year/trans. PM me if you have any particular questions, I just went through pretty much all the headaches involved w/ it.

Got the TPS it has two conoctors! But now we got her started and she want go move. And the tranny lines are not building presure. :wierd:

Back