• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parts needed?

AD-8

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i have a 1988 xj 5-spd 4x4

i am going to buy the rough country 3inch aal kit but i want to add .75 inch spring spacers in the front and 1 inch drop shackles in the back, i was just wondering what other parts i need in order for everything to work right?

thanks

You shouldn't need a thing other than tires. If you want to be picky, your stock LCAs are pretty much at the max lift hieght at 4". On my 3" Rought Country AAL I am running a set of JKS LCAs and they are awesome. I know most people will tell you Rough Country is crap, but I never had a single problem with mine.

You will need longer front and rear brake hoses. The stock hoses are very marginal at 3" of lift. Any higher and you're asking for a ripped hose. Yours are probably due for replacement anyway, so just get 95 Wrangler hoses and call it good.

nope you will need to move it about 5/8" to the drives side though by drilling the bracket on teh axle, to keep the axle centered under the rig

He will need an adjustable track bar, drilling a new hole is marginal with a 3" lift and he is talking about adding a coil spacer to that so he will end up around 4"

should i expect any driveline vibes, i plan on installing a transfer case drop, but are their any other precutions i should take? I do a good amount of off roading, nothing too extreme. Is it a good idea to get some LCA, and if soo where's chep place to buy em', being 16 i dont have alot of money and all.

Thanks

Back