• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction four link?

wrecked

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm double checking my option as far as lift kits go. I've read quite a few recomendations on the Full-Traction 6" kit and I'm almost positive that I'll be choosing that kit.

As I read up I see that it uses a 4-link front suspension design.

What exactly is 4-link. I've heard it talked about before, but I can't quite figure out the difference. I've searched a bit but I have gotten any answers as to whats different than the stock setup.

its what you've got as a stock XJ suspension... the FT kit is just a LA version of the same thing

brandon

I have the full traction kit and I love it , my front axles flex's alot for example I managed to push in my front passenger fender with the 6"s of lift and 33" claws and major fender trimming , i was pretty amazed. For some reason I dont like the idea of radius arms , im not quiet sure why maybe just because the 4 link is the factory setup so taking that and overhauling it for more articulation seems like a good idea. Anyone else wanna chime in on there opinion on Radius VS 4 Link

lickdj said:
I managed to push in my front passenger fender with the 6"s of lift and 33" claws and major fender trimming , i was pretty amazed.

That's because you don't have long enough bump stops. All lift kits I've seen kits just give you some random height bump stops which is never adequate enough considering the larger tires. You need to fix that problem yourself. _nicko_

gearwhine said:
That's because you don't have long enough bump stops. All lift kits I've seen kits just give you some random height bump stops which is never adequate enough considering the larger tires. You need to fix that problem yourself. _nicko_

Yeah , the full traction kit came with these blocks that mount on the coil bucket and make it a shorter distance for the bump stop but i agree I need a bigger bump stop , just saying that I have no lack of flex.

Back