• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shortening BOR 6 inch springs

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I have some six inch springs from big offroad, but i only need about 5 inches of lift. I know these springs run a little taller and a designed for a lot of extra weight on them...Any thoughts on removing a leaf? Any body done this? Which leaf? Any ideas? I use my jeep to tow a big heavy trailer, but I have a weight distributing hitch, so taht shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
John

JohnX said:
I have some six inch springs from big offroad, but i only need about 5 inches of lift. I know these springs run a little taller and a designed for a lot of extra weight on them...Any thoughts on removing a leaf? Any body done this? Which leaf? Any ideas? I use my jeep to tow a big heavy trailer, but I have a weight distributing hitch, so taht shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
John
Send them to me, and I'll swap you for my RE springs that give just over 5". :wave:

Heres a concept....why dont you contact JohnJohn at bigoffroad, or contact him by email or pm on here and ask him since after all they are the springs he sells.....

Back