• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, I am confused!

jeepcherokee95

NAXJA Forum User
As that is my normal state of everyday life and being a noob to the off-road life style I have 2 main questions:

1: What in the h@#$% is an SYE you are all always talking about and what does it do? is it worth the money ect...

and most importantly

2: Please provide a link if there is a thread which explains all the abrevieated jargon used on the site.

Thanks in advance....

JC95

SYE= slip yoke eliminator. with a certin amount of lif tyou can actually pull the slip yoke on the rear drive shaft our of the transfer case. this is bad! duh! what an sye does is just that. it removes the slip yoke in the tcase completely and makes it a fixed yoke connection to teh drive shaft. then you need to take your drive shaft to a shop and have it cut to the proper length for the lift and have them make it in to a drive shaft with a slip yoke like the front xj drive shaft.

if you loose the slip yoke on the trail from the t case you will dump your fluid and be stranded. if you loose the slip yoke out of the axel you can most likely put it back in on the trail amnd get home ok. its a life saver and usually is not needed until you pass 4 inches of lift. i am running 3.5 and i took off my xj slip yoke and put in a yj slip yoke b/c its a little longer giving the t case a little more bite. not perfect but it works on a tight budget.

Thanks very much for the explanation and the link! both were great.

printed out the abreviations page so can refer to it whenever...

Wont ever need to get an sye then... aint gonna go bigger than 3" ever! Just don't like the look of cherokees raised more than 4"... it's a personal view I know.

Thanks again.

JC95

jeepcherokee95 said:
Wont ever need to get an sye then... aint gonna go bigger than 3" ever!

good luch with that....

oh- and some cherokees need a slip yoke elminator at less than 3" - ask Eagle, he needed one on his upcountry suspention jeep so that he didnt have to put in the FACTORY T-case drop...

Back