• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

back up lights

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i have inspection in april and my backup lights on my 94 wont work. i replaced the neutral safety switch and checked as much wiring as i could as wella s bulbs. what else could it be. also its teh 4 speed auto. the local tranny guy said if its not the nss he washes his hands of it.

any help is appreciated.

Check fuses and bulbs first. There is a switch in the console (if I remember right) which controls the lights. mine was tweaked and I had to press the shifter a smidge back to get it to work. Adjusted its position and no problemos. It's not a tranny problem so hence he don't wanna help.

Sarge

Sarge said:
Check fuses and bulbs first. There is a switch in the console (if I remember right) which controls the lights. mine was tweaked and I had to press the shifter a smidge back to get it to work. Adjusted its position and no problemos. It's not a tranny problem so hence he don't wanna help.

Sarge
switch in the console? Unless things changed for the 97 and up, the only place that you have the backup lights connected to is the tranny. Look at the fsm and trace the wires and through each step see if you have power and where the power "dies" or dissapears. Also check your grounds in the back as that might be you whole problem.

dont you have to clock(turn) the nss for the backup lights to work??

just a guess because i have a manual tranny.

Back