• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition problem

JCWjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok all, I need some input. 1996 XJ 4.0 4x4

Yesterday my clutch went out so I set to changing it out. Disconnected the battery, blah blah blah. Next morning I finished up and got everything installed. Much to my surprise when I went to test my clutch swap, my XJ wouldnt start. I tested back to the coil connection and Im not getting juice to the coil itself. All fuses apear to be good. Anybody know of any relays or switches that will kill the ignition if not plugged in or that are bad ???

Any help is appreciated.

Did you remember to plug your CPS back in when puting it back together?? Might be worth checking out.

Mike

CPS ... Switch on side of the trans ?? I disconnected and reconnected 3 plugs on the trans, one was the speedo, and there was another next to it, then one on the pass side... I rechecked those 3 thinking maybe I missed something.

The CPS will be up on the top drivers side of the bellhousing, mounted with 2 bolts and aimed at the flywheel. Has a 2wire plug on a pigtail wire harness comming off of it. HTH

Mike

LMAO, bingo !!!! Knew I forgot something, your a lifesaver, thanks a million.

Hey, no prob. Thats what we're all here for.

Mike

Back