• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found a set of rims

XJ4Roks

NAXJA Forum User
ok this will be my first time buying rims for my XJ so im still not sure whats whats on what. i found a set of 15x8 with a 3.25 back spacing, im curious how these would look and work on my 33x12.50's...any advice pics etc...are welcome.

thanks!
Sean

what bolt pattern?

stock axles have 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern

3.25" backspacing will add 4" to your track width (over stock rims)
backspace.jpg

Last edited:
i'm running similar, but 3.75bs. it'll look nice, how much lift do you have? your more than likely gonna need to cut with that bs and a 12.50 wheel. i'm running about 4" and hacked plenty, looks and performs well.

Not near enough backspacing. Stock is 5 1/4" on a 7" rim which means you have 1 3/4" past the hub face towards the outside. Now with a 8" rim and only 3 1/4" BS you have 4 3/4" sticking out past the hub face which creates a lot of extra leverage on the bearings which will fail sooner and you will have to cut more of your flares as well due to the larger arc the outside of your tyre takes!

not too worried about cutting atall, im running a 3" lift right now. alot of guys run low bs, i don't see why this would put "too much" on the bearing. yeh its sticks out more but so does anyone running 35's or bigger with a small bs.

sure you make a point, but most people running 35s or bigger arent running them on a 30 either. i changed my hubs about 3-4 months ago and i already have play in my wheels again, havent checked to see if it is ball bearing or hub though. my timken ones did come with a 1yr warranty from autozone, hope its covered

I run 35x12.5's on 4" BS steel rims.
3.25 BS rims will just make you a little wider.
Expect to cut some.

GoJeep is right, it's more stress on your hubs.

Think about going with something with more backspacing. I'm running 4.50 on mine with 33/12.50's. They fit into the wheel wells better and don't rub on the trees nearly as much when in the woods.

Back