• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don't Want My A/C Anymore

eric91xj

NAXJA Forum User
i never use the thing because i can't stand listening to it when i'm driving, it ruins my flowmaster tone and i really don't like the strain i feel it put on the motor. So anyway if i remove it what can i put in its place, some sort of pulley? or is there a shorter serpentine belt out there i can use just to avoid it all together?

thanx,

Eric

ummmmm just don't turn it on then

I'm looking for the same answers.... I want to remove the condensor and the compressor. The compressor because the clutch is broke and it is jury rigged right now. The condensor because I would like more airflow through my radiator. Come on A/C guys, what's the good word for us brave enough to ride in A/C less, carpet melting hot XJ?

I know for a fact that pre-91 XJs w/o A/C have a pully in place. You could just buy one of those and stick it there, it looks like it just bolts on. Belt might be a bit shorter or longer, but I doubt it.

I have never seen a 91+ w/o A/C. Probably exist, I just have never seen one to say whether or not they use the same style pully. I'd hit the junk yards and see if you can find one.

ya know, now that i think about it i remeber seeing a while ago an Xj in the local yard over here with some factory looking pulley in place of A/C, i don't know why i did'nt remember that, thanx man.

Eric

Back