• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running LTB's?

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
I got found a deal i culdnt turn down...for some reason i decided to see if i could get a set of 33 TSL Radials at some of my local tire barns...u know town fare NTB. Anyways im at NTB and the guy says 218$ a peice for TSL radials...then he tells me about his jeep and that hes running Swamper LTB's, and goes to tell me hes sellin his XJ. Long story short 650$ for 5 33X13.5X15 LTB's one brand new the others are 3k or under miles and wheels to boot. Im gonna try and talk him down a little but its the best deal i have found...considering its local and no shipping :)

Just wondering if anyone has run them on their rig?

Yhanks

Those things are great off road especially in the mud.
The only problem is the highway performance and finding enough weights to balance one of them.

i plan on getting a second set of wheels and having those as trail tires. dont expect many miles out of em thouhg

Too bad you are not closer to Utah. I've got (5) 34x10.50 I'm selling for $350. I've only put about 5,000 miles on them and consider them the best off road tire I ever owned, especially for Moab terrain. Problem is my Jeep turned from a trailer queen to a daily driver and they have awful road manners. I went to a set of 35" MT/Rs. I would recommend LTBs to anyone as long as you spend most of your time on the trail.

those would be gone quickly if you lived closer

Great tire in mud, rocks etc, had to give them up when my Jeep became my daily driver. I bought them mail order from 4 wheel parts 31,s rock rims balanced etc. shipped to my driveway for about $650. What a deal.

Mine are about two years old, and are worn down to the ledge in the lugs (about a 1/2" of diameter), They suck on the road; loud, rough and tought to drive at highway speeds. But they are thee best tire off road that I have ever wheeled with, and if they made them bigger I'd go with another set for sure, but they dont make them in 35-37 inch sizes.

Awesome off-road. I'm going Turxus next month though. Mine is a daily driver and I've ran bias ply for 5 years now. Just taking a break. My LTBs have 30% tread left so I'm mounting those on my original alloy wheels for hard runs. You have to watch them and have the right Backspace or they eat your flares and fenders for lunch. The lugs are brutal to metal. Interco tires are awesome though. I have had mine siped so they are 3 years old with 30% left. They run cooler siped.

this is my DD rig, i dont wanna spend money on these tires and wastem their awesomeness on the pavemnet, maybe i can get tehm and find a cheep m/t for street use...Thanks for all the info

Back