• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift change

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been posting and reading here for several months now and wanted to say thanks, and have a new question 8 months ago i installed a BDS 3" kit with full add a leafs on my 01 xj the front is about an inch lower so i added a 3/4 spacer to level it my kit came with a 2.5" AAL and a 5/8 lift block i did a t-case drop as well no vibes my question now is im looking at a 1" greasable shackle thinking of removing the 5/8" block and putting on the shackle will i actually get an inch out of the shackle? I dont want back lower then the front since i added the spacer. Thanks again

By a one inch shackle I'm assuming that you mean that it's one inch longer. If that's the case then it will lift your Jeep about 1/2 inch. If it's a shackle that's designed to lift your Jeep one inch then it will be about 2 inches longer overall.

Robert

Thanks wheelie maybe i should make it clearer i want to take out the 5/8" block and put on a longer shackle to lift the back up to where it is know with the block or even a bit higher.

well rear end with the leaf suspention is really a grab bag as far as actual lift height from various components - so i would say this - pop the shackle in there, set the rig down, jump around on it, throw some weight in it, and get it back to a settled "ride" height. see what you think. if its too high - then pull the block.

shackles and blocke are fairly easy to add and remove - so just play around a little and see what you like...

if your goal is to remove the block - then put the shackle in, and if it still sits too low- then try adding another leaf from an XJ pack ($50 at the local junkyard)...

how do you like the BDS suspention by the way - ive never heard bad of thier products, but not good either...

-Ranger

I love my BDS it rides nice,flexes well and has a lifetime no questions asked warranty on the springs,what more could ya want.I was thinking of the shackle instead of the block to help correct angles a bit not 2 bad now but was looking at BDS site today they also make a 1" tapered block for an XJ might be an option as well. Thanks again guys

Back