• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod poll

tie rod poll

• RE

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Rusty

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • JKS

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • PSC (only the tie rod not whole kit)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

YETI

NAXJA Forum User
WHich one. Just want to beef up the tie rod and want the best bang for the $$$.

Eventually will replace entire steering.

If there is a brand I missed let me know about it.

i just got a v8 zj tie rod from a junk yard for 20$, its a hell of alot stronger than stock and about the same as alot of the 100$ aftermarket ones

BillR said:
Big Daddy is a good one also, as is Alumiflex

x2 on the Big Daddy one. :cheers:

I second the ZJ V8 tie rod, been running one for 5 years now... A lot less money than the aftermarket stuff. So anybody done the right hand drive drag ling over knuckle yet???

x3 on the bigdaddy, I got it from Crawltech.com for like $80 shipped. This thing is HUGE, well worth the money.

x4 on BigDaddy. Best bang for the buck IMHO. Their tierod is actually the whole reason we picked up the BDOR product line. One of the things I really like about it is the machined flats on the ends, so you can use a wrench (not visegrips) to hold the tierod when you tighten the jam nuts.

Another for Big Daddy Offroad :cheers:

tierod.jpg

my Big Daddy TR seems to be bombproof....my RE TR tweaked pretty easily,couldn't even figure out on what or when it happened. another vote for Big Daddy :worship:

What about Rusty's, doesn't that use larger ends as well? I was going to grab that one for myself, since it comes with ends too for $99. Anyone know anything good or bad about that?

Back