• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i had a question, i was looking over some threads and i saw that some kid said something about a PORC SYE for 169 shipped.? is this true. i m getting a 6.5 put on this weekend and all i have is a t case drop. i know ill probly need a sye but does that mean i need a CV shaft too ? im not familiar with this stuff so i would like to find out. and i am trying to get the cheapest one though, im low on cash, im not a hard core wheeler but i do go once in a while. what would be good for me for a low price. i really need one and thanks for the time.

grab a cup of coffe and read here

hey that looks perfect. so it will work on my jeep right ? and i dont need anything else other than that for 160 ???
i have a 89 cherokee Pioneer.
if thats all i need then it will be perfect. is installing it hard ? ?

you will also need a new driveshaft

Citat3962 said:
The above site XJ ranger just posted is a damn gold mine of info!!!!

I'm grabbing 2x cups of Joe and doing some hard study time...
your welcome...

are you sure you need to take the t-case out?? i have heard of a lot of people doing it when its still in the jeep. also you will need a D/S no matter how you go with that lift. may want to check into using a front xj d/s. i dont no exactly but i have also heard of people using these for a rear with around a 6" lift. Search this site HARD. everything you need to know was said/asked before. have fun and good luck.

You dont need to take the whole case out...just the back half and drop both driveshafts and make sure you get a good pair of lockring/snapring pliers

they can use parts from the original drive shaft, but not much. You will need a hole new 1 made up. if I knew how to post pics on here I would show you.

Or pick up a used XJ front driveshaft, have it lengthened and rebuilt by a local driveshaft shop and call it done.

We do them that way and works just fine...

Used shaft- $40
Retube and overhaul shaft-$80

Not bad compared to "new" shafts in the $250-$325 range.

I know a local shop that charges $40 to shorten a DS.
Not too long ago I had to replace a front DS, it was cheaper to get one from the salvage yard but, this shop was willing to replace just about everything for a relatively reasonable price.

so how long would my driveshaft have to be with a 6 inch lift. i mean im gonna get the porc hd sye but i dont know how long it actually has to be, i mean i like the idea of the front drive shaft buti just want to find the easiest way to do this and the cheapest. like getting lengethened i dont know how much longer to get it or anything. so it only costs 80 bucks to get this done ? cause i can go to the junkyard and get a front ds for cheap.

Back