• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Max tire for 4.5" without trimming?

without getting into wheel back spacing and bump stops.. i'd say a 32x11.50 would likely only need some plastic trimming on the ends of the flares...

On my '99 DPG 5" w/ 32's on 15X8 3.75"BS I hit the front bumper end caps with only a small turn of the wheel. I could have trimmed but I just removed them. I have removed the rear caps as well. I just recently trimmed the back side of the rear fenders a bit because that is where it would get close on flex. When I get out there and really flex it up I will probably have to cut more.

Greg

i had 31's with my RE 4.5 SF lift and they pulled the fender flares off at extreme flex...

soon i took those off.. along with taking off the bumper caps.. now i have tj flares and have room for 33's...

you mise well trim and get it over with

Pic of rear fender getting close.
740330_64_full.jpg

740330_65_full.jpg

Greg

with proper bumpstops 32's but you could run 33s or even 35s if you get cut happy

Back