• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the strongest D30 shaft kit??

simonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I want to build my 30 until I have time to put the 44 underneath. What is the best d30 high alloy axle kit. I am thinking about using an ARB or OX but the OX I am not sure about the cover sticking out. Anyone know which one to go for? Thanks

Simon

simonsxj said:
I want to build my 30 until I have time to put the 44 underneath. What is the best d30 high alloy axle kit. I am thinking about using an ARB or OX but the OX I am not sure about the cover sticking out. Anyone know which one to go for? Thanks

Simon

But, if you are already going to put a D44 under it, you can build the D44 for close to what you'll spend to highly modify the D30, especially if you already have the D44. It's worth checking out before you make a decision.

Right now I have a ford 9" with the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. I also have a d30. I haven't had a 4x4 in close to 3 years. I will build another D44 while the d30 is running and then swap the 9" to 5 on 5.5". I can then either use the d30 in another project or sell it. But right now I want to use the d30. But thankyou for the concern. I know a d44 would be the better choice but I can't get 5 on 4/5" bolt pattern for it.

Re: Re: What is the strongest D30 shaft kit??

Goatman said:
But, if you are already going to put a D44 under it, you can build the D44 for close to what you'll spend to highly modify the D30, especially if you already have the D44. It's worth checking out before you make a decision.

yeah, but you don't get to use the extra 3/4" clearance you get with the 30!

mark
orgs mfg

Okay, I admit it, I'm on a 30 kick right now.

Re: Re: Re: What is the strongest D30 shaft kit??

Mark Hinkley said:

Okay, I admit it, I'm on a 30 kick right now.

Mine is still holding up to my 37's :eek: :D

oh BTW your rockers fawking rule!:guitar:

picture.JPG
;)

I just installed the 30 30 kit on mine, you can get it from either, DPG Offroad ( www.dpgoffroad.com ) , or Drivetran Direct, any of the companies that are selling superior axles will carry this. Cost is about 1400 depending on what else you buy, Dirk hocked me up with no shipping. The kit comes complete with inner and outer axles, 760 u-joints, all seals required (ether the ones for a Disco 30 or solid), new carrier bearings, and oh yah the new designed ARB locker.

Back