• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker Amp Mounting

bac XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have an amplifier for speakers, if so where did you mount it?
im looking for a convinient spot to mount one, they are smaller then sub amps but still have size, i want it to be in a spot where it wont get banged up but also in a spot that wont look retarded being in my jeep...i have a 99 sport 4dr if that helps

ideas and suggestions welcome, thanks

-Brent

I have 2 amps mounted to the back of the rear seat. I have a sub box holding 2 12" subs covering them. It keeps them well hidden.

Yep...my Alpine is mounted to the back of the rear seat. Getting ready to mount it under the seat I think. It's not real big so I don't think venting will that big of an issue. Im getting more time to fish lately and when I'm done I have wet waders, boots and crap in the back and dont want the amp to get wet.

-Chris

If the box is large enouph and you dont want holes in your seat back mount the amp to the box just make sure you seal the holes so the air space isnt changed in the box.......this will allow you to fold the seat down with out puling on the wires from the amp to the speakers.

Sub amp is under the back seat. If I get a amp for the rest, it will go there also.

Under the back seat is where mine are mounted.I've got 2 Orion amps,Audio Control EQ and 4 x-overs under there.They fit pretty good.

another vote for under back seat...

or build a deck/platform in back and mount under/inside

http://community.webshots.com/album/206280455qIlgHv

Webshots site is down right know, when it's up, this link should take you to photos of my install.

They're JBL amps, the thinnest amps with the features I wanted that would fit. Their heat protection feature only kicked in once, appropriately.

Before I bought them, I fabbed out of cardboard different sized boxes to see what I could fit under each seat. I contemplated cutting into the bottom of the seat, but nixed the idea.

email me if there's still a problem with the site, and I'll find the pix on my computer.

[email protected]

Mike

NAXJA # 300

I mounted mine under the front seats, I built little open top boxes from plywood to sit them in to keep feet and such off them. It's not the best spot but I have pieces parts stored under the back seat so that didn't work for me. If I ever become a scuba jeep those amps will probably get smoked...

Just uploaded a pic of mine to my webshots page, should appear in about 30 min. Its a cheap, dirt mall amp, but it's pushed my 4 speakers for about 3 years now. Even with a shovel and hatchet sitting on top of it with the seat down, I've never had a overheating problem. I also took apart all my trim pieces and ran the amp cable and speaker wires under them. I made a detailed post on that some time ago, you might find it if you search. The amp isn't actually mounted to anything, with the seat down it doesen't move at all. http://community.webshots.com/album/90597737rskMbO

Back