• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new set-up....questions

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
ok well after much much much consideration I'v finally decided what my XJ's plans are....

right now I have a 99 XJ with 3" suspension with add-a-leafs , 1" T-case drop and TJ flares and Im able to run 32x11.50's..not to many vibes...my goal was to run 33's...because Im told anything bigger (35's) and you need to consider new axles and I dont wanna replace my D30 or my 8.25....Just dont have the money for that

The Issue was I was going to order an SYE and an RE 5.5, but with TJ flares 33's would look pretty tiny...and since I dont wanna replace axles, 35's arnt an option....
so I decided to save my money on the Lift and SYE...I am going to order Just the RE 3.5 full spring packs and 1/2 spacer for the front coils...then I'll sit right around 3.5" and I could pry run 33's If not 32's are fine...I Just wanna get the stinken AAL outa there....
anyways If I do this will that .5" make any difference on my transfer case or should the 1" drop still be suffecient, remember Im tryin not to waste the $500 on SYE and DS....although It seems perfect for any lift If you have the money....
If I go with the 3.5" set-up I mentioned above how should my shox be since their from a 3" kit, how bout brakelines? control arms?....Im tryin to save as much money as possible and Just get the spacers and full leafs...let me know what you think about this....

I run the RE 3.5" superflex with a X-case drop. I also run 33's on this setup with a good bit of fender trimming. I would think that you should be fine with the case drop if you are ok with just it now. Another thing for you to think about would be to add some shim when you install the rear leaf packs. The shims will help your pinion angle out.

Here is a pic of my rig to give you an idea of the RE 3.5 (mine is sitting at 4 - 4.5") with 33's.
f4f768b8.jpg

I have no idea why the pic isn't working. SORRY.

I do apologize but from what I saw there was nothing specific as I need....I search for hours until I decide to post....I really hate how everyone bugs about posting...Iv been around for like 3 months and this is my 2nd post...I dont think Its that necessary to make a big deal, answer the questions or dont...move on, I have specific question about what degree axle shims I should use and all of that...there is nothing to that degree in other posts...

I am not exactly sure what degree shims you will need. I didn't need them when I installed mine. Sorry. No help here.

I know what you mean about not finding the exact answer when you search. Specific answers are hard to come by.

Back